Medical Day Spa Reopening Protocols
Welcome Back! As we have transitioned from being closed from COVID-19 to reopening, we have created some new protocols for everyone to follow to keep everyone safe.
Enhanced Safety Protocols for Patients & Staff
Dear Patients and Friends,
We appreciate the kindness and respect our patients have shown as we have navigated the “new normal” of work during the time of COVID. We have instituted an enhanced series of health and wellness protocols for your safety. We encourage you to familiarize yourself with these new protocols so that when you come for your service, we can safely and efficiently serve you.
For faster check-in upon your arrival, please download, print, and fill out the Health & Safety Questionnaire.
Patient Arrival Protocol:
- Please bring your own mask and wear it at all times while you are in the office. A good source for purchasing inexpensive face masks is https://www.etsy.com/market/face_mask.
- We ask that you arrive 10 minutes early to your appointment time to make the check in process faster and easier.
- In keeping with state and federal guidelines we will be limiting our occupancy to a maximum of 15 people at a time, including staff and patients. The front door will remain locked with only six patients allowed into the building at one time.
- We have provided traffic cones to ensure adequate parking directly in front of the building. Simply move the cone to the sidewalk in front of the parking place and return it to the space when you leave.
- Please call the Front Desk at (919) 904-7111 or the Practice Manager at (252) 617-2705 to let them know you have arrived. (Don’t worry! There will be detailed check-in instructions and our phone number posted on the door). We are expecting a high volume of phone calls for scheduling, so please be patient with us as we navigate through this process.
- Please fill out the Health and Safety Questionnaire that will be provided for you on the table in our entry way (if you have not already downloaded and filled it out).
- Please wait outside until your service provider is ready for you. There is a waiting area set up outside our front door and one on the patio to right side of the building. Someone will open the door when your service provider is ready for you.
- When you enter the building, we will ask you to sanitize your hands and we will take your temperature and record the result on the form you already filled out. We are using the Mayo Clinic’s definition of “normal”, which ranges from 97-99 degrees. Anyone who has a temperature of 99.4 (37.4 Celsius) degrees or higher will not be allowed to enter our office. (Please be aware that any rigorous exercise within 30 minutes of your arrival could elevate your temperature). This is simply a precaution for everyone’s safety!
Other Health and Wellness Protocols For Everyone’s Safety:
- Our HVAC company has installed an ionized air system in the office for air purification.
- All patients must wear a mask while in the office.
- Treatment beds will be covered with disposable paper or one-use linens for each patient and all service rooms will be thoroughly disinfected between EVERY appointment for your health and safety! Common areas will be cleaned hourly by our housekeeping staff throughout the day.
- All staff members will have their temperature taken when they arrive for work each morning. If it is found that any of our staff has a fever, they will be sent home immediately, and all of their appointments will be rescheduled.
- All staff will be required to wear a mask throughout the day and service providers will don additional Personal Protective Equipment during your service. If you are having a service where wearing a mask is not possible during the treatment, the provider will utilize an isolation gown and face shield. Please let management know immediately if your service provider is not wearing a mask.
- For safety reasons, we may elect not be offer facials or other similar services (those that prevent a patient from wearing a mask) until further notice.
- Our lobby and retail area will be monitored closely with limitations to adhere to the 15-person occupancy limit. We ask that you please come to your appointment alone and that if someone is waiting for you, they do so outside or in their car. **Please note** the ONLY exceptions for this will be if there is a caretaker accompanying someone who needs assistance, or a parent or guardian for a minor child that has an appointment. Please tell the Practice Manager or Patient Care Coordinator in advance of your appointment if there will be a parent or caretaker present during the appointment so that we can take steps to stay within the 10-person occupancy limit. Please also note that EVERYONE entering our space will be required to wear a mask, have their temperature taken, and fill out our Health and Safety Questionnaire, including caregivers or the parent of a minor.
- We ask that only one parent at a time accompany a minor during the appointment to adhere to our 15-person occupancy limit. Please note that your child must be wearing a mask, and you will have to fill out a separate Health and Safety Questionnaire for yourself and for the child, and both of you will have your temperature taken.
- If you have had any respiratory problems, illness, or fever of any kind within 14 days of your appointment, we respectfully request that you call and reschedule.
- Please let us know if you have traveled out of the state of North Carolina within the 14 days prior to your appointment. We strongly encourage our patients to be mindful of traveling to or through states that have already lifted restrictions without meeting the CDC Covid 19 guidelines for safely reopening. We reserve the right to refuse your appointment if you have traveled to a state that still has a high and/or increasing rate of Covid 19 infection or require a COVID test prior to treatment.
- Please try to avoid using cash for transactions and tips. If you would like to tip your service provider, please use mobile payment services such as Venmo and CASH app. This information will be posted in your service provider’s area.
- We will no longer be providing our usual food and beverage concessions until it is safe to do so, and we ask that you not bring food into the office.
- There is a bathroom designated for patient use in the main hallway of the office.
- If you need to purchase products, please ask your service provider or the front office for assistance. Please do not touch any products during your visit. Testers have been removed until further notice.
- PLEASE take care of your Allergan (Botox and Juvederm) and Galderma (Dysport and Restylane) rewards points BEFORE arriving for your appointment as we will not be able to delay checkout to research coupons and points.
We understand that these protocols may seem cumbersome, but this must be our new normal until this pandemic has weakened or until there is a widely available vaccine. We greatly appreciate your patience and adherence to these new safety protocols. Our only goal is to do everything in our power to keep our staff and clients as safe as possible.
We are so happy that we are in the next stage of this reopening process and cannot wait to see all of you!
Medical Day Spa of Chapel Hill
I have received several procedures at the Medical Day Spa of Chapel Hill. Each time the staff has been very courteous and very helpful. Dr. Berger is very good at describing the procedures to you in detail, and at answering any questions you may have. I am very pleased with my results, and I would highly recommend this spa to anyone. .
From the moment you walk into Medical Day Spa of Chapel Hill you get a feeling of peace and tranquility. It is very clean and the staff is friendly and make you feel welcome! Dr. Gary Berger and his staff makes you feel as if you were the only patient and they have your safety and well-being in mind. They spend time with you to identify your needs and create a treatment that will be best for you. This is without a doubt the BEST MediSpa in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and I recommend you give them a call.
I've been going to this Spa for a few years now for various treatments, facials, hair removal, etc. The staff is exceptionally friendly and professional. I especially like that there is a real doctor (Dr. Berger) at the helm here so when you want more intense treatments, you know it will be handled by a doctor and is safe.
One of the best medical spas I have visited. This place is so clean and the staff is very professional and friendly. When asked if I will return the answer is a YES. I cannot wait until my next appointment (which is already booked). If you are interested in a great experience I highly recommend this place. Be sure to call for the appointment and check out the most current specials. Private, clean and courteous.