Do you have a winter-appropriate skin routine? At Medical Day Spa of Chapel Hill, we believe in taking care of our possessions so they will last a lifetime and our skin is no exception. Winter can be an especially challenging time for the skin. With a few well-planned tweaks to our skincare plan, winter skin can be easily managed.
- Choose your cleanser carefully. Avoid products that strip the skin with harsh chemicals. We love Hydrating Cleanser from ZO Skin Health. It contains sodium hyaluronate, glycerin, and urea to help retain moisture.
- An antioxidant serum will be your new best friend. Daily Power Defense from ZO Skin or Alto Defense Serum from Skin Better Science are great choices. They provide antioxidant protection from free radicals and help restore skin’s barrier function.
- Don’t stop exfoliating! Exfoliation aids in turnover of dead skin cells and allows for hydrating products to penetrate better. ZO Exfoliating Polish and Complexion Renewal Pads are good options as well as Alpha Ret Exfoliating Peel Pads from Skin Better.
- Rather than a traditional moisturizer, try a hydrator. Moisturizers are often oil-based with occlusive ingredients like petroleum. Hydrators have ingredients such as glycerin or hyaluronic acid, that absorb water and hold it in place on your skin. A staff favorite at Medical Day Spa is Anfisa LILOU Hydrating Balm from Anfisa Skin. ZO Hydrating Cream or Skin Better Trio also keep skin hydrated and smooth.
- Don’t forget your lips! They lips take a beating year round, but especially in the summer. Lip Luxe products from Mizzi Cosmetics include lip balms, scrubs, and masks to keep your lips in tip top shape. UV Lip Balm SPF 36 from @eltamdskincare is a moisturizing lip sunscreen that soothes and protects dry, chapped and sun-exposed lips.
- SPF year round, please! Elta MD, ZO Skin Health, and Revision Skincare have smart, effective options available at Medical Day Spa. Products with an SPF of 40 or higher are recommended. Elta MD UV Clear contains hyaluronic acid for that extra bit of hydration.
A few simple skincare tips + plenty of water + monthly facials, like HydraFacial, and your skin will not just survive, but thrive, this winter. You could get a FREE Monthly facial with our New VIP Memberships (See Below)
To learn more or schedule a skincare consultation please call Medical Day Spa of Chapel Hill at 919-904-7111.
If you live in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary, Apex, Morrisville, Hillsborough or anywhere in the Triangle area of North Carolina come on in and experience our 5 star MedSpa !
#preventandcorrect #antiaging #zoskinhealth #antioxidantprotection #travelskincare #DailyPowerDefense #elevateyourskincare #brightening #exfoliate #spf #zoglow #growthfactor #hydrate #cleanse #winterskincare #broadspectrumSPF #skinrejuvenation #retinol #acnetreatment #acne